Monday 9 April 2012

The latest supper club low-down



I've been very lax on reviewing my last supper club (does it count as a review if you do it yourself, maybe not) but here it is. A few pictures and thoughts on how it went.

the help's dinner - provided by Rory 'the help' Harte

As usual, I couldn't have asked for nicer guests. I really am very lucky with the people who come through my door. Again, there was a mixture of new and old faces, but whether they were new to my home or not everyone seemed to settle in nicely and have plenty to chat about for the evening. It really is inspiring to meet people with such an open mind and a love of new experiences. It puts your faith back in the world. 

The hit of the night for me was possibly the rose fizz or the dukkah. I always love making the little extras that go with the meal.
The bomb of the night was the moroccan bread which tasted delicious but, as usual with my yeast bread efforts, refused to rise. I'm beginning to get a complex.

My battle with yeast bread continues. I've decided it's the yeast's fault not mine



marinated olives and dukkah to go with the rose fizz on arrival 

the starter - empanadillas


the main - lamb muttuma 

chocolate and chestnut cake for desert



No comments:

Post a Comment